I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect limited “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data and general demographic information about the school including percent of students eligible for free or reduced lunch, percent of students who are English Language Learners, and racial breakdown of the student body. Personal Information includes your email, name, and grade level. Personal information for students includes their names, email, gender, and grade level. However, we do not have access to ANY identifiable information for students. We cannot see student name, username, gender identity, or daily wellbeing reports.
1. Information collected via Technology
To activate the Service you do not need to submit any Personal Information other than your name and email address, as well as the names and email addresses or usernames of the student. To use the Service thereafter, you do not need to submit further Personal Information. However, in an effort to understand how the tool is used, the Tool tracks when the Site has been utilized by students.
To use the service, you must use your school email address. The Team will not read or retain any information from your email account.
2. Information you provide us by registering for an account
3. Children’s Privacy
The Site and the Service are not directed to anyone under the age of 13 without parent consent. As an educational tool, this service is designed to collect information about students’ wellbeing. Student’s information can only be seen by their teachers, school administrators and members of the research team. However, the research team CANNOT see individual-level responses. We cannot see who the students are, or how they responded as individuals. We do not have access to your students’ data specifically child name, gender, grade, and email address and cannot share this information.
The Tool does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13 without this consent, or allow anyone under the age of 13 to sign up for the Service without at least passive parent consent. It is assumed that by utilizing the Tool, teachers and administrators have contacted parents about this Tool and acquired at least passive consent. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information you and your students provide to us is used to help us communicate with you about how students are doing. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to the information received from students to identify individuals in need of additional support.
We may share Personal Information with outside parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; address fraud, security or technical concerns; or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
III. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement security measures designed to protect your information and the information of your students from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
VII. CONTACT US
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ABOUT THE SERVICE
The Service allows you to receive and analyze information about students’ well-being as measured by their completion of two daily questions.
REGISTRATION; RULES FOR USER CONDUCT AND USE OF THE SERVICE
All students need parent consent to register for and use the Service. We support students in grades PreK-12 and ask that parents provide consent for all use in every circumstance.
If you are a user who signs up for the Service, you will create a personalized account which includes a unique username and a password to access the Service and to receive messages from the Team. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password and/or account. The Team will not be responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorized use of your member name, password and/or account.
Your permission to use the Site is conditioned upon the following use, posting and conduct restrictions:
You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
· access the Service for any reason other than to support students and their wellbeing for the purpose of promoting student engagement and achievement,
· collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Site or the Service
· use the Site or the Service for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
· distribute any part or parts of the Site or the Service without our explicit written permission (we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly-available searchable indices but retain the right to revoke this permission at any time on a general or specific basis);
· use the Service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
· attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
· use another user’s account without permission;
· intentionally allow another user to access your account;
· provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account;
· interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;
· make any automated use of the Site, the Service or the related systems, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
· bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service, or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data;
· circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content accessible via the Service; or
· publish or link to malicious content of any sort, including that intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
ONLINE CONTENT DISCLAIMER
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site or the Service nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by students.
COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENT
(a) Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require that the users do the same. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(i) of the United States Copyright Act, we have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the Service who are repeat infringers. We may terminate access for participants or users who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected third party content without necessary rights and permissions.
(b) DMCA Take-Down Notices. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C 512) (“DMCA”) by sending the following information in writing to the a designated copyright agent.
1. The date of your notification;
2. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
3. A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
4. A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
5. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
6. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
7. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF DATA OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with the Team must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.